Jose Olivares-Chandler > Chambers of David Josse QC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Jose Olivares-Chandler has been ranked in the Legal 500 for Crime (London Bar) since 2016.
“an incredibly intellectually gifted barrister, who goes above and beyond on a regular basis”
“well-prepared and skilful in his advocacy.”
The Legal 500 2016 & 2017.
Jose defends and prosecutes in criminal cases involving the most serious allegations including offences of violence, sexual offences (including rapes and sex trafficking), firearms offences, drugs offences, fraud and confiscation proceedings.
Jose is Duty accredited and a Grade 3 prosecutor on the Advocate Rape Panel. He is an expert trial advocate who goes the extra mile for his clients. He is particularly well regarded by both defence firms and the CPS for his representation in serious and high-profile sexual offence trials.
Articles, lectures & media work:
- Advisor to Dragonfly TV productions (‘One born every minute’, ‘The Job Centre’, ‘The Hotel’) on a documentary series about members of the public sitting on a mock murder trial.
- Advisor to CBBC on the second series of ‘All Over the Workplace’ (which takes children aged 8-13 from around the UK and gives them the opportunity to try out their dream jobs) in relation to criminal courts.
- 3 articles for Lexis Nexis on R v Twist (Hearsay), R v Guthrie (jury tampering) and the CPR 2011.
- Main speaker at the Legal Aid Conference 2006 at the Law Society on Evidence of Bad Character and Hearsay.
- Jose was called to the Bar in 2000
- Grade 3 CPS prosecutor.
- Appointed to the CPS specialist Rape Panel of advocates.
- Duty accredited barrister.
- Criminal Bar Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors) Ranked: Tier 3
Jose Olivares-Chandler –5 St Andrews Hill ‘A level-headed barrister who commands the respect of clients, judges and juries. A particular strength Mr Olivares-Chandler has is that he is able to absorb the case in his mind at an incredible speed. His turnaround in providing advice to solicitors is also extremely beneficial.’