Richard Scott > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Richard Scott is a courteous, conscientious and confident advocate. He returned to 5 St Andrew’s Hill having spent exactly 3 years attached to the Advocacy Unit of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in Essex as a Senior Crown Advocate. Therein he continued to build upon the experience and skills that he had previously gained as a criminal barrister in Chambers at 5 St Andrew’s Hill and 1 Harcourt Buildings.
Whilst at the CPS Richard Scott was instructed in some of the more serious cases and was also required to advise the Chief Crown Prosecutor in those difficult and sensitive cases which required review at that level within the CPS. He advised on cases such as death by dangerous driving, so called shaken baby syndrome and cases involving public interest immunity (PII).
- Richard was called to the Bar in 1997.
- Richard is a grade 3 Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) advocate on the approved list of advocates.
- Richard is on the Specialist Panel for Rape advocates.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- South Eastern Circuit.
- Kent Bar Mess.
- Essex Bar Mess.
- LL.B LL.M (University College London).
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition (Middle Temple).
- State School Award (Middle Temple).