Don Ramble > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
The majority of Don’s practice has involved prosecuting serious and organised crime and substantial fraud. He regularly prosecutes lengthy, complex, multi-defendant cases for the South East Complex Casework Unit and has also established himself as an expert on disclosure issues.
Don was Disclosure Counsel in the prosecution of Andrew Coulson, Rebekah Brooks and others for illegal “phone hacking” at The News of the World in what the press (National and International) described as “The Trial of the Century”. Previously, he acted in a similar role in the prosecution of Levi Bellfield for the abduction and murder of Milly Dowler. This case stemmed from one of Britain’s largest ever murder enquiries and was the biggest operation of its kind in the history of Surrey Police.
Recently Don was instructed as Disclosure Counsel / Second Junior in the prosecution of Colin Ash-Smith for the murder of Claire Tiltman.
- Don Ramble and Narita Bahra QC co-authored: ‘Tackling Disclosure in the Criminal Courts – A Practitioner’s Guide.’ Published in September 2019.
- Don has lectured to solicitors and fellow members of the Bar on disclosure.
- In 2012 Don was invited by Lord Justice Gross to take part in a discussion group as part of his review of sanctions for disclosure failures. This culminated in a report “Further Review of Disclosure in Criminal Proceedings: sanctions for disclosure failure” written by Lord Justice Gross & Lord Justice Treacy.
- Don was called to the Bar in 1998.
- Don is a Level 4 Advocate on the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Panel of Approved Counsel.
- Don is a Level 3 specialist fraud advocate on the CPS panel of approved counsel.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- South Eastern Circuit.
- Kent Bar Mess.
- Cybercrime Practitioners Association.