Anna Leathem > Chambers of David Josse KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
5 St Andrews Hill Offices
5 St Andrews Hill
- Go to...
Anna is a barrister practising in all areas of criminal law. She also accepts instructions in extradition and family law.
Anna practises in criminal, extradition, and family law. She regularly appears in the magistrates’ and youth courts and is developing a Crown Court practice. Anna also has experience of professional discipline and regulatory cases.
Instructing solicitors have said:
Anna is not only very personable with clients but is also very on top of the law, changes in statute and recent case authorities which gives her an edge over many new barristers.
Anna is passionate and will always go that extra mile in securing the best possible outcome for her client.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Anna worked as a paralegal at a criminal defence firm and assisted the head of litigation in a variety of matters including murder, serious violence, drugs conspiracies, sexual offences and proceeds of crime. She prepared cases for trial in both the Crown Court and the Magistrates’ Court and gained particular experience in tackling vast amounts of evidence in multi-handed organised crime cases.
Anna has also provided invaluable research assistance for the University of Southampton and University of Oxford produced report into the pains of indeterminate imprisonment for families of IPP prisoners.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum (DELF).
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
- University of Law: BPTC (Very Competent).
- University of Southampton: LLB in Law and International Legal Studies (First Class Honours).
- University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn.
- Lord Justice Fulford Scholarship, University of Southampton.