Craig Harris > Chambers of Oliver Blunt QC & Sally O'Neill QC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Oliver Blunt QC & Sally O'Neill QC Offices
32 FURNIVAL STREET
- Go to...
Sports law; Serious Crime; Confiscation & Asset Forfeiture; Licensing
Direct Access Qualified
Ranked as a leading junior by The Legal 500 in Sports law, Crime & Fraud (2016, 2017 & 2018):
“He has a superb eye for detail and grasps the issues in a case quickly, however substantial or complex the evidence”
“An excellent tactician, appreciated for his thorough approach”
“A persuasive advocate, inside and ourside the courtroom, with a sharp intellect to gain the best possible result”
“Very experienced – articulate and composed, with a good eye for detail”
“A powerful advocate as much as he is technically able, he is excellent in cases with novel issues”
“A pleasure to work with”
• Sports law
• Serious crime, including murder, fraud & organised crime
• Restraint, asset forfeiture and confiscation proceedings
• Disciplinary and regulatory tribunal proceedings
• Licensing committee hearings
Has extensive experience conducting the most serious, complex and high-profile cases at trial, before the Court of Appeal, UK Supreme Court, European Court of Human Rights and numerous sports disciplinary tribunals.
Direct access services can be accessed through intermediaries including agents, clubs and other organisations.
• Panel counsel to the League Managers Association, representing managers in the Premier League and English Football League
• Listed on the Welsh Rugby Union’s list of counsel for disciplinary and anti-doping cases
• Appointed to sit on the Sport Resolutions Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators
• Sits as Chair of the England Boxing and FA National Anti-Discrimination disciplinary panels
• High-profile cases include acting for club chief executives, managers, players, staff, agents & other participants before FA tribunals, as well as acting for The FA itself: Including in The Football Association v Arsene Wenger
• Experienced in dealing with the full range of misconduct allegations, including safeguarding, discrimination and integrity matters (violations of “insider betting” regulations), both in and out of competition
CRIME & ASSET FORFEITURE
• Acted for Edwards in Harkins & Edwards v The UK before the European Court of Human Rights
• Represented the Appellant in the seminal case of R v Robinson-Pierre concerning strict liability – Crown’s application for leave to appeal successfully opposed at Supreme Court level
• Retained in $billion international dividend-arbitrage proceedings (Dubai)
• Appeared in numerous high-profile murder, organised crime & people trafficking cases
• Acted in multiple international drug trafficking cases: Including ‘The UK’s largest importation‘ and ‘Europe’s largest drugs conspiracy‘
• Instructed in multi-million-pound fraud matters & connected confiscation proceedings
• Appears at all levels of the justice system dealing with regulatory offences and associated matters
High-profile clients have included Thomas Hitzlsperger (former German international and Premier League football star, ‘Der Hammer’), Derek ‘Del Boy’ Chirsora (World Heavyweight boxing title contender), Eric Hall (the flamboyant football and entertainment industry agent), Franz Drameh (DC Legends of Tomorrow actor) & Tempa T (UK grime artist). Sports tribunal proceedings remain confidential.
Please see this barrister’s Chambers website (above) for further detail, notable cases and press.
Has appeared before:
• Licensing Committee hearings
• Disciplinary tribunals
• The County Court
• The Coroner’s Court
Is available to conduct site visits and provide advice at all stages of the licensing process, from the application and renewal stage through to breach and revocation proceedings.
PUBLICATIONS & LECTURES
Regular speaker and lecturer at events concerning criminal law and sports disciplinary procedures – availability subject to enquiry
Acknowledged contributor to Young, Summers & Corker on Abuse of Process in Criminal Proceedings (Bloomsbury, 3rd ed.)
Policy Knowledge Event Lecture: A New Strategy to Tackle Dangerous Dogs – Assessing the Reforms to the Dangerous Dogs Act, May 2015
Middle Temple, 2006; Criminal Bar Association; South Eastern Circuit; LSE Alumni network
London School of Economics & Political Science, Law LLB, 2005