Mr Simon Whitfield > Chambers of Bill Braithwaite QC > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Bill Braithwaite QC Offices
- Go to...
Mr Simon Whitfield
Construction; Commercial; Professional Negligence; Insolvency
Simon is particularly regarded for his construction practice and has wide experience acting for employers, funders, contractors, specialist subcontractors and professionals in the TCC, arbitration and adjudication. He advises on all aspects of the construction process from procurement through the whole project life-cycle. He has experience of the traditional standard forms of contract, bespoke agreements, PFI and PPP. He is a TECBAR accredited adjudicator and also accepts independent appointments.
Simon undertakes all aspects of commercial and chancery dispute resolution, corporate and personal insolvency and professional negligence work.
He also advises a number of local authorities in relation to both commercial matters and regulatory issues. He advises registered social landlords in relation to possession actions, anti-social behaviour orders and injunctions.
Solicitor 1992; Called to the Bar 2009
- The Northern Circuit
- The Northern Circuit Commercial Bar Association
- The Chancery Bar Association
- Technology and Construction Bar Association National Committee Member
- Society of Construction Law
- Technology and Construction Court Users Group Committee Member
- BA (Law), Magdalene College, University of Cambridge, 1989. (MA, 1991)
- Law Society Finals, Chester College of Law (1990)
- Hong Kong SAR PRC, Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination (2003)