Mr Chris Gutteridge > Chambers of Bill Braithwaite QC > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Bill Braithwaite QC Offices
ONE DERBY SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Chris Gutteridge
Personal Injury; Clinical Negligence
Chris acts exclusively for claimants in personal injury and clinical negligence litigation. He deals with serious injuries and high value claims. He has vast experience of supporting leading counsel representing claimants with catastrophic injuries and has particular expertise in settling multi-million pound schedules of loss.
Chris took tenancy at Exchange Chambers in 2006 and soon became involved in catastrophic injury cases as second junior responsible for drafting schedules of loss (including a claim for a brain injured child that settled for £5.2 million in 2009). Since 2011 Chris has regularly been instructed in a more advanced role as junior to Queen’s Counsel and has represented adult and infant claimants with life changing injuries.
Chris has experience of claims involving traumatic brain injuries (including those leaving claimants in a minimally conscious state), spine injuries and amputation. He also has experience of cerebral palsy claims arising from the negligent management of labour.
Recent settlements include:
- £2.4 million for a 9 year old thrown from a car in a high speed accident who suffered severe lower limb injuries and required an above-knee amputation
- £4.8 million for a 10 year old who suffered a serious brain injury after being hit by a car on a pedestrian crossing
- £4.5 million for a 50 year old hit by a car whilst riding his motorbike who suffered a complete spinal cord injury at T4/5 and a left brachial plexus injury (making him a functional tetraparetic)
- £6.5 million for a 54 year old victim of clinical negligence during spinal surgery who was rendered tetraplegic
- £1.9 million for a 55 year old who was hit by a car whilst out jogging and suffered a traumatic brain injury as well as serious physical injuries
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum
- Northern Administrative Law Association
- Northern Circuit Medical Law Association
- Law LLB (Class I, 2002 – 2005), University of Durham
- Bar Vocational Course (Very Competent, 2006), Nottingham Law School
- Inner Temple BVC Exhibition