Mr Andrew Jebb > Chambers of Bill Braithwaite QC > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Bill Braithwaite QC Offices
ONE DERBY SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Jebb
Andrew is a specialist defence criminal advocate. He is instructed by leading law firms and is keen to provide advice from the earliest stage of cases.
Recognised as a leading white-collar defence junior outside London – Chambers UK 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- 2016 – Operation Lunar – representing former HMRC officer alleged to be involved in tax evasion schemes for high net-worth individuals causing a loss to HMRC of approximately £150m
- 2015/2016 – R v C – representing Defendant accused of £2m money laundering
- 2015/2016 – R v C and others – representing businessman alleged to be involved in £180m banking fraud, being prosecuted by Serious Fraud Office
- 2015/2016 – Operation Affleck – representing Defendant in £3.5m Land Banking fraud
- 2015/2016 – Operation Alveras – representing Defendant in £11m money laundering scheme
- 2013/2014 – Operation Cactus Hent – represented main Defendant in multi-million pound alleged pension fraud – all defendants acquitted at the close of the Crown’s case – ruling upheld after unsuccessful appeal by the Prosecution – R v Quillan  EWCA Crim 538
- 2012/2013 – Operation Valgus – represented Defendant in £30m mortgage fraud
- 2012/2013 – Operation Kalo – represented Defendant in nail-bombing conspiracy
- 2012 – Operation Dumpcart – represented Defendant in £3m VAT repayment fraud
- 2011/2012 – Operation Nacho – represented Defendant in multi-million pound ‘crash for cash’ insurance fraud
- 2011/2012 – Operation Chaplin – represented lead Defendant in large-scale international conspiracy to import up to 40 tonnes of cocaine from South America
- 2011 – Operation Quicksand – represented acquitted Defendant accused of multi-million pound procurement corruption involving Network Rail
- 2009/2010 – Operation Tankard – prosecuted multi-million pound Financial Advisor fraud. Thought to be the first ever prosecution for the practices of churning and bond-stripping.
- 2010/2012 – Operation Raiment – represented Defendant in multi-million pound payroll fraud
- 2009/2010 – R v Goodison – represented acquitted Defendant accused of participation in €90 million fraud on HSBC
- 2009 – Operation Seahog – represented Defendant in large-scale Security Industry fraud
- 2008 – R v Brumskill – represented acquitted main Defendant accused of multi-million pound ILA fraud
- R v Ornstein – represented acquitted Defendant accused of attempting to defraud Irish banks of $35m as part of a Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud
Called 1993; Deputy District Judge (Magistrate’s Court)
- Criminal Bar Association
- Exeter University (1989) LLB Hons