Mr Andrew Vinson > Chambers of Bill Braithwaite KC > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Exchange Chambers Offices
ONE DERBY SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Vinson
Andrew has a busy practice which has covered the full spectrum of chancery and commercial work for the past 15 years. He has a particular emphasis on insolvency, property and commercial litigation as well as professional liability matters.
Andrew prides himself on, and is consistently recommended as, being an incisive barrister and a team player who understands and promptly responds to the needs of his clients. He is well aware of the practical and commercial realities facing clients in litigation and works hard to take these into account in his approach to cases.
Andrew’s wide client base includes private individuals through to national and multi-national companies. His clients have included Premiership football clubs and media figures. Many clients are insolvency office holders, and Andrew has vast experience of acting for numerous local authorities and registered social landlords.
Andrew has been appointed to the Attorney General’s regional panel of Counsel and has experience of dealing with director’s disqualification proceedings and public interest winding-up petitions.
Examples of recent cases in which Andrew has been instructed include:
- successfully recovering an interest in property with a substantial value on the basis that its disposition had amounted to a transaction at an undervalue
- advising in relation to a sizeable preference claim along with numerous allegations of breach of director’ duties
- representing the successful claimant in relation to negligence on the part of a conveyancing solicitor leading to a substantial six figure recovery.
- advising in a combined claim against both solicitors and accountants in relation to an aborted land transaction and the significant consequential losses arising
- representing a liquidator alleged by the company’s former shareholders to have acted negligently in the disposal of company assets
- successfully defending a claim for sums due on a quantum meruit basis over the course of a 5 day trial
- advising a developer in relation to the terms and exercise of an option agreement
- Chancery Bar Association
- Northern Chancery Bar Association (Former Secretary)
- Northern Circuit Commercial Bar Association
- BA (Hons) Modern History, The Queen’s College, Oxford (Class I, 1998)
- Common Professional Examination, The College of Law (Distinction, 1999)
- Bar Vocational Course, The Inns of Court School of Law (Very Competent, 2000)
- Harmsworth Exhibition, Middle Temple (1999)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 2
Andrew Vinson – Exchange Chambers ‘Andrew always offers sensible, pragmatic advice to achieve the best results for the Client. He is commercially minded and conscious of the costs consequences of the available courses of action. Although he always advises upon the pros and cons of seeking a settlement, he is not afraid to advise Clients to proceed to trial when this is in their best interests.’
Members at Exchange Chambers thrive in Chancery, probate and tax law matters. Scott Redpath and George Rowell both have expertise in tax law mandates, and John Waiting is noted for his work in property, company law, wills and probate. Andrew Williams has a property-based Chancery practice and Andrew Vinson has expertise in company, insolvency, property and contractual matters.
Andrew Vinson – Exchange Chambers ‘Andrew always offers sensible, pragmatic advice to achieve the best results for the client. He is commercially minded and conscious of the costs consequences of the available courses of action. Although he always advises upon the pros and cons of seeking a settlement, he is not afraid to advise clients to proceed to trial when this is in their best interests.’