Mr Andrew Williams > Chambers of Bill Braithwaite KC > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Exchange Chambers Offices
ONE DERBY SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Williams
Andrew has a very specialised property litigation practice. He rarely accepts instructions outside that discipline. Accordingly he has extensive experience of almost every aspect of property litigation.
He has appeared in courts and tribunals at all levels all the way up to the House of Lords/Supreme Court.
As a former university lecturer in land law and with 25 years’ experience at the chancery bar, he is frequently involved in complex property litigation. He has appeared in numerous reported decisions and his articles on property law topics have been published extensively, mainly in specialist journals.
Andrew’s property litigation practice extends to:
- All aspects of commercial & residential Landlord and Tenant: e.g. dilapidations, business tenancies, forfeiture, service charges, leasehold enfranchisement, agricultural tenancies
- Proprietary estoppel, adverse possession, easements, restrictive covenants, sale of land
- Professional negligence – solicitors and surveyors negligence claims arising out of property transactions
- Nuisance, boundary disputes
- Mortgages, beneficial interest disputes, possession claims
- Estates (wills, probate and administration)
- Land development agreement disputes
- Partnership disputes especially re farming partnerships
- Real estate litigation of all types
- Northern Circuit Commercial Bar Association (former committee member)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
- Northern Chancery Bar Association
- Inns of Court School of Law (1993-94) (Entrance Scholar)
- Birmingham University (1990-93)
- Liverpool Blue Coat School (1983-90)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 2
Andrew Williams – Exchange Chambers ‘Exceptionally bright, Andrew has a knack for taking what can be mundane, dry, and complex legal points, and explaining them in a way to Clients, lawyers and judges that provides clarity.’
Members at Exchange Chambers thrive in Chancery, probate and tax law matters. Scott Redpath and George Rowell both have expertise in tax law mandates, and John Waiting is noted for his work in property, company law, wills and probate. Andrew Williams has a property-based Chancery practice and Andrew Vinson has expertise in company, insolvency, property and contractual matters.
Andrew Williams – Exchange Chambers ‘Andrew is very knowledgeable, experienced, analytical, thorough, approachable, and very strong and robust in defending his clients’ interests. Not only is he gifted from a legal, academic and procedural point of view, but also his advice and approach generally are very practical and tailored to achieving the best outcome for his clients.’
The members of Exchange Chambers have broad ranging expertise across planning and highways cases, disputes concerning conveyancing and registered land, residential and commercial landlord and tenant matters, and boundaries, easements and rights of way mandates, both public and private. Andrew Williams‘ practice is entirely dedicated to real estate litigation and Lawrence McDonald acts for companies, individuals, and public bodies. Simon Whitfield has vast experience in construction matters. Brynmor Adams has a strong focus on tenant and landlord litigation. In July 2022 Paul Burns was appointed to the circuit bench.