Richard Greenberg > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Arbitration and mediation
- Banking and finance
- Civil fraud and asset tracing
- Commercial law
- Insolvency and company law
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Jurisdiction, conflicts and enforcement
- Private international law
Richard has a broad commercial practice, with a particular focus on civil fraud, international trade and finance, shipping, insolvency and company law, and private international law.
Richard has appeared in the UK Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court. He has considerable experience of being led in complex, high-value litigation across Chambers’ practice areas, but also regularly appears as sole counsel. Many of his cases have involved jurisdictional disputes, as well as other interim applications.
He has extensive experience of arbitral proceedings, particularly in shipping, commodities and general commercial cases. His experience covers arbitral proceedings under a variety of rules, including ad hoc, institutional (ICC, LCIA and SIAC) and trade arbitrations (LMAA and Gafta). In addition, he has considerable experience of applications to court in respect of arbitral proceedings, appeals against arbitration awards, and jurisdiction challenges.
Richard has undertaken secondments to a major city firm, where he spent three months in the litigation department, and a Norwegian Defence Club, where he spent six weeks advising on claims arising under charterparties and bills of lading.
Year of call: 2013
- Commercial Bar Association
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Insolvency Lawyers’ Association
- BPP University Law School: Bar Professional Training Course, Outstanding (2013)
- City University: Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation (2012)
- University of Oxford, Christ Church: Master of Studies, Distinction (2010)
- University of Cambridge, Pembroke College: BA (Hons), Double First (2009)