Andrew Dinsmore > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Banking and finance
- Civil fraud
- Commercial law
- Cyber-security issues
- Emergency and interim injunctions
- Energy and natural resources
- Private international law
- Shipping and shipbuilding
Andrew has extensive international commercial litigation and arbitration experience. His practice focuses on cybersecurity fraud, banking, shipbuilding, shipping, energy, insurance and sport.
He is often instructed to appear both as junior counsel in complex, multi-jurisdictional, high-value cases and as sole counsel in the Commercial Court, Chancery Division and in arbitration.
Andrew has been at the forefront of developments in cybersecurity fraud and GDPR breaches, in that he acts for a group of claimants in their action against British Airways under the GDPR following a high-profile data breach, has acted in numerous urgent injunctions following cybersecurity breaches, and has published several articles on this topic.
He regularly publishes articles for the Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (JIBFL), the European Business Law Review and the Lloyd’s Maritime & Commercial Law Quarterly. He also sat on the Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR) Brexit Working Groups, which published papers on the impact of Brexit on private international law and on international arbitration.
Year of call: 2013 (England and Wales); 2018 (Northern Ireland)
- Arbitration Ireland
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- London Shipping Law Centre
- Young Maritime Professionals
- City University: Bar Professional Training Course, Very Competent (2013)
- University of Cambridge: Commercial LLM, First Class (2012), top ten in the year
- University of Cambridge: BA (Hons) in Law, Double First (2011)