Josephine Davies > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Arbitration and mediation
- Banking and finance
- Civil fraud
- Commercial law
- Energy and natural resources
- EU and competition law
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Private international law
Josephine specialises in all areas of commercial law and litigation. She has a unique skill-set combining:
- depth and breadth of legal knowledge (in established fields, notably, competition, intellectual property, shipping, commodities and private international law and in developing areas including cryptocurrency and FRAND litigation);
- strong technical understanding based on her scientific background (BA in Physical Natural Sciences and MSci in Chemistry);
- extensive and diverse litigation (including urgent injunction and trial work) and arbitration experience.
Josephine is a strong advocate with experience in the Court of Appeal, the High Court (Commercial Court, Chancery Division and Queen’s Bench Division) and in international arbitrations and appeals. Josephine particularly enjoys urgent injunctive work and cross-examination of factual and expert witnesses including in relation to fraud allegations and complex scientific and financial matters.
Josephine has notable expertise in: the developing cryptoasset fraud sphere, in jurisdiction disputes, and in injunctive work (e.g. anti-suit, freezing, Norwich Pharmacal, breach of confidence and associated contempt proceedings).
Her work covers a range of sectors including IP, pharmaceuticals, science, technology and IT, distribution, shipping, commodities, shipbuilding, and energy. Josephine is recognised by the legal directories for commercial litigation, shipping and commodities work.
Called to Lincoln’s Inn 2006.
French (proficient); German (conversational)
- Advocate (formerly the Bar Pro Bono Unit) and Free Representation Unit
- Bar European Group
- Commercial Bar Association: Chambers Representative
- Competition Law Association
- Fraud Lawyers Association; Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitrators Group
- LMAA: Supporting Member
- South Eastern Circuit
- University of Oxford: Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
- King’s College, London: Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law, Distinction
- City University, London: Bar Vocational Course, Outstanding
- City University: Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction
- University of Cambridge: MSci (Chemistry), First Class
- University of Cambridge, Clare College: BA Nat Sci (Physical: Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Maths), First Class
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 3 (Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 4
Josephine Davies –Twenty Essex ‘Josephine has an excellent commercial understanding of what motivates clients in this area, and gives pragmatic and practical advice that displays considerable legal knowledge and insight. She is someone that clients absolutely want to have on their team for jurisdictional disputes in IP cases.’(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 3 (Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 2