Thomas Corby > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Energy and commodities
- General commercial
- International arbitration
Thomas has a varied commercial practice, with a focus on international arbitration, energy, insurance/reinsurance, banking and shipping.
He has extensive experience of arbitrations under a variety of rules, both as sole counsel and led. This includes acting as sole English counsel in high-value international arbitrations, including a gas-price review arbitration in Munich, an arbitration in Panama City arising under a contract for the sale of oil, and a construction arbitration in Milan.
Thomas also regularly appears as sole counsel, and with a leader, in the Court of Appeal and High Court. He has significant and recent experience of applications for anti-suit injunctions, worldwide freezing injunctions and applications under the Arbitration Act 1996.
He was highly recommended in Legal Week’s “Stars of the Bar 2017”.
Qualified 2011, Middle Temple Inn.
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Middle Temple Committee for Equality, Diversity and Social Mobility
- City University: Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction (2010)
- University of Oxford, New College: BA (Hons), First Class (2008)
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple (2010 and 2011)