Michael Coburn > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Arbitration and mediation
- Commercial law
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Private international law
Michael practises in all aspects of commercial law, usually with an international dimension, with particular emphasis on shipping, international sale of goods, and commodities.
He is a specialist in a broad cross-section of shipping and international trade issues including disputes arising out of charterparties, general average, commodities and shipbuilding contracts. He has acted in precedent setting cases such as Spar v GCL heard in the Court of Appeal concerning the obligation to pay hire.
Michael acts in English court and arbitration proceedings. He has acted as arbitrator in a number of references.
Called to Inner Temple 1990; appointed QC 2010.
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association: Supporting Member
- City University: Diploma in Law (1989)
- University of Oxford, Worcester College: Literae Humaniores (1988)