Timothy Young QC > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
Timothy Young QC
- Banking and financial services
- Carriage and sale of goods
- Defence procurement
- International trade
- Shipping and shipbuilding
- Technology, media and telecoms
Timothy’s principal area of practice is international trade, embracing shipping, commodities, insurance, the carriage and sale of goods, banking and related disciplines.
He appears principally in the High Court and Court of Appeal and before various international arbitration tribunals, in relation to all manner of trading and financial disputes.
Timothy also acts as an arbitrator, either sole or as a member of a panel. He accepts appointments under the rules of the LMAA, ICC, LCIA, SIAC and ad hoc, if required. Timothy is on the panel of arbitrators of the ICC, LCIA and SIAC.
Much of his work is in arbitration and therefore, by definition, confidential unless the cases reach the courts. However, the key cases below, from several jurisdictions, give a taste of Timothy’s work.
Timothy was awarded “Best Shipping Silk 2016″ by Chambers and Partners.
Called to Gray’s Inn 1977; Master of Bench; QC 1996. Co-author of ‘Voyage Charters’ (Informa 2007).
- London Commercial and Common Law Bar Association
- LMAA: Supporting Member
- Gray’s Inn: Bachelor of Civil Law, First Class (1977)
- University of Oxford, Magdalen College: BA in Jurisprudence, First Class (1975)
- Institut Britannique de la Sorbonne (1972)
Watercolours; member Dulwich GC, Thebertons CC, Rain Men CC.