Matthew McGhee > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Arbitration and mediation
- Banking and financial services
- Civil fraud and asset tracing
- Commodities and international trade
- Company law
- Energy and infrastructure
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Jurisdiction, conflicts and enforcement
- Technology, media and telecoms
Matthew enjoys a broad commercial practice. Clients instruct him to advise or act in national and international litigation and arbitrations across Chambers’ practice areas. Recent cases have had a particular focus on disputes concerning civil fraud, shipping and commodities, and company and insolvency matters.
He regularly appears in the county courts and all divisions of the High Court. Matthew is familiar with using interim relief to protect his clients’ positions and has frequently been instructed to obtain or resist emergency relief, often on short notice. This emergency relief has included freezing orders, disclosure orders, interim declarations and other bespoke injunctions.
As well as acting as sole counsel, Matthew has extensive experience of being instructed as part of a team in a number of large and complex commercial disputes. He understands and enjoys the different demands of these cases and the need to work efficiently and effectively with legal and other professionals.
Matthew also accepts instructions to act on a direct access basis, or to provide advice in non-contentious situations. In addition, he has provided opinions for use in foreign jurisdictions or by way of early neutral evaluation.
Year of call: 2013
- Bar European Group
- British Insurance Law Association
- Commercial Bar Association
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- London Shipping Law Centre
- Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration
- University of Oxford, Magdalen College: BA (Hons) in Jurisprudence, First Class (2012)