David Lewis QC > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
David Lewis QC
- Civil fraud
- Conflicts of laws
- Energy and natural resources
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Sale of goods
David is a specialist advocate who took silk in 2014 at the age of 36. He practises in a wide range of general commercial and private international law disputes, with a particular emphasis on energy and natural resources, civil fraud and the conflict of laws.
A substantial amount of his work is in international arbitration. David has acted as lead counsel in arbitration hearings in numerous jurisdictions worldwide, including frequently in Singapore, where he was based permanently from 2009 to 2010.
He has also appeared before the courts of the British Virgin Islands (BVI), the Cayman Islands and Gibraltar.
David is renowned for his strategic instincts as to how judges and arbitrators think, his incisive intellect and his responsiveness.
He also accepts appointments as arbitrator, and has acted as arbitrator under various institutional rules and ad hoc.
Year of call: 1999 (England and Wales); 2017 (British Virgin Islands)
Year of QC: 2014
- Arbitration Ireland
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Commercial Bar Association
- Dubai International Financial Centre: Registered Practitioner
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- LMAA: Supporting Member
- Scottish Arbitration Centre
- Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration: Supporting Member
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Singapore International Commercial Court: Registered Foreign Lawyer
- University of Oxford, St Edmund Hall: BA in Jurisprudence, First Class (1998)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 3 (Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 4 (Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 3 (Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 4 (Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 3
Twenty Essex‘s David Lewis QC has a strong track record of Asia-related disputes in the energy space, many of them relating to coal and other hydrocarbon fuels, both crossing over between arbitration and English court litigation.(Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 1 (Leading Silks) Ranked: Tier 2