Wendy Miles > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Banking and financial services
- Energy and infrastructure
- Jurisdiction, conflicts and enforcement
- Public international law
- Technology, media and telecoms
Wendy is a specialist in international arbitration and dispute resolution with a focus on private and public international law.
With over 25 years of experience, Wendy has advised on international law matters and conducted arbitrations under all the major institutions and ad hoc. She has advised a wide range of multinationals, including corporates, sovereign States and State entities and multilateral State organisations.
Wendy has assisted clients across numerous sectors, including energy, natural resources, banking, insurance, financial services, gaming, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, licensing, telecommunications and construction. She has sat as arbitrator since 2005, as sole, co-arbitrator and chair under most major arbitral institutions. Wendy has been appointed by the United Kingdom to the ICSID Panel of arbitrators and ICSID Panel of conciliators effective from 10 November 2020.
In the field of climate change and finance, Wendy acts as global coordinating counsel to various major corporates in relation to climate change transition, disclosure, reporting, compliance and investment. She regularly advises investors and States in respect of climate related physical, transition and litigation risk. She works closely with a number of States in relation to climate transition regulatory structures to mobilise finance and formulate climate investment policy. She also works closely with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and has represented it at the Conferences of the Parties on climate since 2015.
Called to the Bar: 2020 (ENGLAND & WALES); 1994 (NEW ZEALAND). Appointed Silk in 2015.
Qualified as a solicitor in 2000
- Executive Committee, Foundation International Advocacy in Arbitration: Chair
- Swedish Arbitration Association: Board Member
- Arbitrators & Mediators Institute, NZ: Board Member
- P.R.I.M.E. Panel of Experts
- UK DIT Investment External Trade Advisor Group (ETAG)
- University of Canterbury: LLM (First), NZ, (1998)
- University of Canterbury: BA LLB, NZ (1994)