Tom Allen KC > Cloth Fair Chambers > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Cloth Fair Chambers Offices
39-40 CLOTH FAIR
- Go to...
Tom Allen KC
Tom Allen is a leading silk specialising in cases of commercial and business crime and financial regulation. He acts for companies and individuals in domestic and international matters involving allegations of fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering.
Consistently praised in the legal directories, he is a notably powerful jury advocate.
Tom also undertakes complex advisory work. He is an innovative strategic thinker with extensive experience of assisting in the early stages of investigation.
In recent years, Tom has been instructed in a number of complex regulatory cases, both in the UK and the Channel Islands, involving regulated entities and responsible individuals including directors and other senior managers.
Recent instructions include multiple SFO investigations into cross-jurisdictional bribery and corruption offences.
- Currently instructed in Guernsey FSC investigation into a series of collapsed investment funds and mini-bonds.
- Defended English QC charged, together with the former Attorney General of Trinidad, with corruption.
- Advising a publicly listed company in relation to multi-jurisdictional corporate criminal liability.
- Successfully defended the CEO of an international mining company in SFO proceedings relating to s.2 powers.
- SFO v Guralp – successfully defended the CEO of Guralp Systems in respect of allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Instructed to defend a director in relation to the investigation into corrupt activities at Petrofac/Unaoil.
- Advising Premier League football club in connection with an ongoing HMRC investigation.
- Advising a director in connection with allegations of overseas corruption in conjunction with the SFO investigation into Rolls Royce PLC.
- Acted in proceedings against PwC (the auditors of JP Morgan) for failure to notice the non segregation of up to $23 billion of client funds over a 7 year period.
Called to the Bar – 1994
QC – 2015
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Silks)Ranked: Tier 2
Tom Allen KC – Cloth Fair Chambers ‘ Tom does not approach any case from a traditional perspective and this uncommon trait means that he is able to navigate complex cases and evidence with innovation and creativity. Clients love Tom’s passion for the law and their case, both of which he argues giving his full attention and commitment. ’