Tom Allen > Cloth Fair Chambers > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Cloth Fair Chambers Offices
Cloth Fair Chambers
39-40 CLOTH FAIR
- Go to...
Tom Allen is a leading silk specialising in commercial and business crime and financial regulatory offences. He acts for companies and individuals in domestic and international criminal law matters, including bribery, corruption, money laundering and fraud.
Consistently praised in the legal directories, he is a notably powerful jury advocate.
Tom also undertakes complex advisory work. He is an innovative strategic thinker with extensive experience of assisting in the early stages of investigation.
In recent years, Tom has been instructed in numerous investigations and banking-related frauds, frequently with connections to Russia and the CIS. Recent instructions include multiple SFO investigations into cross-jurisdictional bribery and corruption offences.
- Successfully defended Benedikt Sobotka, the CEO of ERG (parent company of ENRC) in SFO proceedings for failing to comply with a requirement to attend a s.2 interview.
- Instructed to defend SFO prosecution of former CEO of GSL on corruption charges.
- Defended FH Bertling director on corruption charges
- Advising Premier League football club in relation to HMRC investigation.
- Advising individual re allegations of overseas corruption in conjunction with the SFO investigation into Rolls Royce PLC
Called to the Bar – 1994
QC – 2015