Samantha Jago > DMH Stallard LLP > Brighton, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
NORTH WEST OFFICE SUITE, 1ST FLOOR
ONE JUBILEE STREET
- Go to...
A partner in our Guildford office, Samantha has more than 14 years’ experience in family law matters
Samantha excels in managing client expectations, and quickly builds a positive rapport with her clients.
Samantha has particular experience in representing parents, business owners and senior managers, and has dealt with numerous complex international matters. She has represented a number of high profile individuals, where confidentiality and dealing with sensitive information is crucial to secure a positive outcome for the client. Being a parent herself, Samantha understands and can empathise with her clients, especially when dealing with matters that involve and affect children.
Prior to joining DMH Stallard, Samantha was joint Managing Partner of a local Guildford firm where she assisted in establishing the family team.
As well as being able to carry out her own advocacy, Samantha is an all issues trained mediator.
- Negotiationg a settlement agreement and preparing a Deed of Separation for a husband who did not want to initiate divorce proceedings after separating from his wife, but did want to protect his assets which included a family home
- Preparing a pre-nuptial agreement which dealt with four investment properties, children from a previous marriage and ongoing maintenance obligations from earlier divorce
- Negotiating a complex parenting plan against a background of domestic abuse and substance misuse, ensuring the children’s needs were put first whilst securing the client’s safety
- 2014 Champion of Justice Award
DMH Stallard LLP’s family team is ‘incredibly responsive and compassionate’ and offers ‘excellent cost-effective advice’. The Horsham team is headed up by Mark Rennie, whose ‘caring, empathetic and hardworking nature’ is praised by clients. The Brighton team is led by the ‘kind and compassionate’ Joanna Potbury and the ‘excellent’ and ‘confident’ Philip Morton. The Guildford team continues to develop under the leadership of Samantha Jago, who is ‘capable, efficient, on top of her cases and hugely valued by her clients’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery