Rebecca Thornley-Gibson > DMH Stallard LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
1ST FLOOR, WONERSH HOUSE
THE GUILDWAY, OLD PORTSMOUTH ROAD
- Go to...
Rebecca’s work covers all areas of employment law including support on contract and policy frameworks, Employment Tribunal representation, developing and delivering in-house training modules, employee relations issues and senior executive termination arrangements.
She works extensively in the travel sector with tour operators, membership organisations and travel technology providers. She contributes to ABTA’s Travel Law Today bulletin and is a regular speaker at industry events.
Rebecca acts for senior executives across all business areas and regularly advises individuals in the luxury retail, media and aviation sectors.
She builds close relationships with her clients to ensure an in-depth understanding of their business ensuring employee potential is maximised and employment related risks are minimised.
Rebecca qualified as a solicitor in 1992.
- Acting for a Premier League football club in developing and delivering people management training programmes
- Defending a tour operator against allegations of restrictive covenant breaches by its employees
- Advising a global ship management company on TUPE disputes in respect of North Sea oil rig operations
- Defending a tour operator in respect of overseas resort staff Tribunal claims
- Advising a US insurance company on its GDPR obligations
- Managing the international employment law support needs of a global negotiation company
- Advising on the employment aspects of an intra company merger
- Advising COO of an international airline on termination arrangements and subsequently new contractual arrangements as CEO in his subsequent role
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Association of Women Travel Executives
- Trustee of East Grinstead Sports Club
The travel department at DMH Stallard LLP demonstrates notable expertise in matters relating to package travel and ATOL regulations, as well as advising on commercial agreements for agencies and suppliers. With a focus on technology, department head Debbie Venn is particularly well versed in the e-commerce, data protection and cyber aspects of the travel industry. Rebecca Thornley-Gibson and Abigail Maino bring extensive employment experience, while Helen Mead’s strengths in corporate and M&A round out the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery