Adam Williams > DMH Stallard LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
1ST FLOOR, WONERSH HOUSE
THE GUILDWAY, OLD PORTSMOUTH ROAD
- Go to...
Employment & Business Immigration
Adam is a Partner in the employment group who advises clients on employment and business immigration law.
Adam prides himself on giving support and advice that is outcome focused, commercial, and easy to understand and he is fast gaining a reputation as an outstanding employment lawyer.
Adam devotes his time to supporting businesses and senior executives in finding solutions to a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious employment issues. He is experienced in advising on the employment aspects of complex reorganisations and restructures, including TUPE and collective consultation. Adam has also been an advocate in the Employment Tribunals and regularly assists businesses in the defence of employment related claims.
Adam leads the Group’s business immigration practice, delivering advice to corporate clients on matters such as the prevention of illegal working and sponsorship of non-British nationals under the UK’s points-based immigration system. He is also an expert on the employment law aspects of pensions auto-enrolment and regularly speaks on the subject at industry conferences and seminars.
Adam’s clients include: large international organisations (from household-name retailers to charities); fast growth SMEs in the technology and media sectors; a leading UK University; and senior executives in the financial services sector.
- Advising an internationally renowned opera company on securing the urgent visa sponsorship of performers
- Advising the UK branch of an international business on its implementation of a complex restructure impacting roles across multiple offices
- Assisting an Australian wine producer in securing a ‘sole representative of an overseas business’ visa for the establishment of its UK presence
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Immigration Lawyers Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- Law Society
He qualified as a solicitor in 2008.
DMH Stallard LLP’s employment team is well established in both Crawley and Guildford. Team head Simon Bellm is a well-regarded advocate, having appeared in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal for over 30 years. Greg Burgess, previously head of employment at ASB law (now Knights) is a significant figure within the Gatwick Diamond business community. Will Walsh has particular expertise in handling the termination of senior executives with complex remuneration packages. Adam Williams acts for employers in relation to both immigration and employment work. Abigail Maino, promoted to partner in 2021, leads the firm’s relationships with a number of high-profile clients.
DMH Stallard LLP‘s team has a deep level of experience in business immigration, with team head Adam Williams providing long-term advice to numerous high-profile clients; he is especially well-versed in advising multinational clients on entering the UK market following Brexit and the end of free movement. The team has recently seen significant growth, and the recruitment of Bermeet Chhokar has enabled it to branch out from providing solely business immigration advice to advising individual clients, including a niche offering for cases where immigration status collides with domestic violence. The team draws on expertise from across the firm, including in employment and family law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery