Vanessa Joll > DMH Stallard LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
1ST FLOOR, WONERSH HOUSE
THE GUILDWAY, OLD PORTSMOUTH ROAD
- Go to...
Real Estate Dispute Resolution
A specialist property litigator with over 20 years’ experience, Vanessa’s early career was spent in central London and she has a well established national practice advising on a broad range of property issues.
Vanessa is known for providing strategic advice on complex multi-party disputes and regularly advises on high value and complex commercial and residential property matters; she has particular expertise in development disputes and property related professional negligence.
Her clients include high profile residential property developers, investors and banks, private individuals and local authorities; the advice they seek includes a range of landlord and tenant disputes, such as business lease renewals, dilapidations claims and rent reviews as well as on issues relating to breaches of restrictive covenants, the scope of easements and rights of way, adverse possession claims, boundary disputes and all areas of leasehold enfranchisement and right to manage claims.
Vanessa is well known for her skill in resolving complex disputes through mediation, often involving multiple parties; she also regularly has conduct of matters in the High Court and Tribunals.
Clients appreciate the commercial and practical approach she takes to overcoming their issues which combines with a high level of technical ability and a down-to-earth, relatable manner.
- Advising on the recovery of possession of a large industrial estate involving multiple occupants, including a large scale illegal waste processing plant
- Negotiating the successful conclusion to a multi-party dispute concerning access rights to a large residential development site
- Successfully defending a multi-million pound claim in the High Court for unpaid estate agency and consultancy fees
- Acting on behalf of a residential developer on a professional negligence claim against its structural engineers and geotechnical expert
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Split between the firm’s Gatwick and Guildford offices, and an increasing presence in Brighton, DMH Stallard LLP’s real estate dispute resolution practice consists of a strong team of lawyers with a variety of specialist interests. In addition to her work advising a range of corporate and residential developer clients, team head Emily Wood has particular experience in business rates issues. Tina George heads up the wider real estate team, and Vanessa Joll operates out of Guildford, where she is especially well respected for her work on multiparty development disputes, as well as enfranchisement and professional negligence claims. James Picknell joined in July 2021, bolstering the firm’s already strong landlord and tenant offering, and associate Cheraine Williams oversees much of the team’s residential portfolio work.
- Leading individuals - South East > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery