Robert Ganpatsingh > DMH Stallard LLP > Crawley, England > Lawyer Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
135 High Street
- Go to...
Robert is a commercial disputes Partner in the Brighton-based TMT sector group. He has a wealth of experience in all forms of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration, adjudication and litigation.
Robert is a highly experienced litigator with expertise in all aspects of resolving disputes through the Courts, including dealing with Worldwide Freezing Injunctions and Search and Seizure Orders in high value cases. He has a proven track record of achieving excellent results and has negotiated countless settlements in order to achieve the most beneficial and cost effective outcome for his clients.
Robert has a wealth of knowledge and experience in contentious matters involving design rights, patents, copyright, trade marks and Passing Off, including recently achieving an excellent settlement in the UK aspects of a high value and long running multi-jurisdiction case centred around the design of a range of industrial barrier products made of a flexible composite plastic material. The case involved disputes over alleged infringement of registered design rights, unregistered design rights, patent infringement and Passing Off. The case also included an element of trade mark infringement.
Robert also has wide ranging experience in high value commercial contract disputes both through the courts and by alternative dispute resolution.
- Successfully concluding a number of Passing-Off disputes with decisive and speedy settlements.
- Successfully resolving disputes involving trade mark infringement in the manufacturing sector, such as for a manufacturer of UPVC windows and a manufacturer of under-floor heating.
- Providing advice and assistance to the franchisor of a national network of letting agents which suffered repeated attempts by competitors to use their copyright protected contracts and associated documents.
The IP department at DMH Stallard LLP is led by Tim Ashdown, a specialist in IP as it pertains to IT, on the contentious side and John Yates on the non-contentious side who in a recent highlight advised Brighton Dome & Festival on the coordination of its deployment of 5G. Debbie Venn has extensive expertise in transactions pertaining to manufacturing and distribution. Design rights, patents, copyright, and trade marks are the focus point of Robert Ganpatsingh‘s disputes practice. Further notable on the firm’s contentious side is Hannah Balameh.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery