Lisa heads the Family Team in Chambers. Lisa has extensive experience, a first class legal background and qualifications, and advocacy skills honed practising criminal law in her early years at the Bar. These attributes make Lisa a tenacious, meticulous yet pragmatic advocate with solid judgment and a high degree of credibility with judges and opposing advocates.
Lisa’s main areas of practice are: care proceedings, private law children’s proceedings and financial remedies claims.
In care proceedings Lisa is frequently instructed to represent
- parents accused of physical or sexual abuse and/or or with significant addictions, personality issues or learning disabilities;
- children through their Children’s Guardian; and
- teenagers where a conflict with their Guardian has arisen.
Lisa has particular expertise in representing young and vulnerable parents and is known for her ability to communicate with and win the trust of clients from all backgrounds in the most sensitive and stressful situations. Lisa will always try her best to ensure she is available for every hearing to see the case through to resolution.
In private law children proceedings Lisa often acts in the most complex cases, frequently
- securing contact for parents with their children which was previously denied for whatever reason;
- acting for parents wishing to relocate abroad or indeed oppose relocation;
- assisting grandparents and/or other family members; and
- acting in specialist family cases, for example, where Female Genital Mutilation is alleged.
In financial remedy proceedings Lisa acts in both big and small money cases and has been praised for her keen attention to detail, analytical rigour and persuasiveness in putting her client’s case.
Lisa has a broad and loyal following of leading solicitors across all her areas of practice. She is also qualified to accept instructions under the Bar Council Public Access scheme.
Family Law Bar Association
MA in Law (Cambridge University)
Ranked: Tier 5
Lisa Peacock –3 Dr Johnson’s Buildings ‘Lisa is a well respected advocate who does everything in her power to ensure her client’s case is fairly presented. She is client focused and sensitive to the delicate issues in case and excellent for parents in need.’