Howard Stevens KC > Chambers of Howard Stevens KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
3 Hare Court Offices
3 Hare Court
- Go to...
Howard Stevens KC
Howard has a broadly based common law practice, including both first instance and appellate work. Recent cases in which he has been instructed include:
- acting for the tour operator in the inquests into the deaths of 30 British holidaymakers in the terrorist attack in Tunisia in 2015
- Swift & Ors v Fred Olsen Cruise Lines  EWCA Civ 785
- Ruddock v The Queen  UKPC 7 (heard with R v Jogee  UKSC 8)
- United Policyholders Group & Ors v Attorney-General of Trinidad and Tobago  UKPC 17
- Dodd v Raebarn Estates Limited  EWCA Civ 349
- Alves v Attorney-General of the Virgin Islands (UKPC, 2017)
- Keefe v Mapfre Mutualidad Compania De Seguros y Rsaseguros & Anr (UKSC 2017, referred to the CJEU).
As well as a broad range of appellate work, Howard has a substantial practice in catastrophic oiHis domestic practice personal injury and travel related litigation in particular, including jurisdiction and conflict of law issues. He acts for both claimants and defendants and has extensive experience of group litigation and ADR. He is regularly instructed by major tour operators and insurers and has represented interested parties in a number of high profile inquests arising from deaths abroad. Current cases in which Howard is involved include high value personal injury claims arising from accidents in the UK and abroad, resulting variously in catastrophic brain and spinal injuries and amputations, as well as other common law work.
Called 1990; QC 2012.
University of Durham (Modern Languages); City University (Law).
Travel, skiing, cycling.