Mr Matthew Richardson > Chambers of Mark Twomey KC and Alison Easton > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Coram Chambers Offices
9-11 FULWOOD PLACE
- Go to...
Mr Matthew Richardson
Alternative Families; Children; Family Finance; Mental Health
Matthew has a broad practice spanning all areas of family law. His areas of expertise and particular interest include children at risk, mental health issues, domestic violence, shared residence and relocation, as well as financial disagreements between married and unmarried couples, issues of undisclosed income and assets and court of protection.
Known as a calm and assured advocate, Matthew can connect easily with a wide range of people. His measured and thoughtful approach has been lauded by others, and clients have commented on how fully and accurately they felt their cases have been put. Well-liked by judges and clients alike, he offers a direct, straightforward approach to cases and is noted to be both positive and effective in negotiations as well as exacting and well-prepared in cross-examination.
Matthew strongly values client care; he ensures clients are best able to provide comprehensive and clear instructions, and provides realistic expectations of case outcomes.
Matthew has a primarily digital practice, preferring to handle all documentation electronically, and is able to offer a modern, timely and efficient service to solicitors.
Recent cases include:
- Representing a respondent in a complex multi-day medical case involving FII (fabricated or induced illness) in a child
- Representing a father in a private law contact dispute that included concurrent proceedings under the Family Law Act, Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act, as well as the Children Act, including Schedule 1.
- Representing a local authority in a case involving a parent with a complex and pervasive personality disorder
- Advising and representing a spouse in her claim against her former partner that she was pressured to sign an unfair separation agreement
- Representing a high net worth individual, with assets of c.£2m, in divorce proceedings
- Representing a parent accusing a co-parent of sexual and physical abuse of both her and her children
- Representing a wife in financial remedy proceedings relating to non-payment of spousal maintenance and the concealment and disposal of assets, including an application for the husband to be committed to prison
Family Law Bar Association; Lincoln’s Inn; Resolution
MA (Cantab) Philosophy, Girton College, Cambridge; Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law
Bar Vocational Course, College of Law
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 5
Matthew Richardson –Coram Chambers ‘Matthew is extremely competent advocate, the quality of his written and oral advocacy are impressive. He goes above and beyond and works very hard to achieve a positive outcome for his clients.’(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 4