Sasha Blackmore > Chambers of David Holland KC and Reuben Taylor KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Landmark Chambers Offices
180 FLEET STREET
- Go to...
Sasha Blackmore was called to the Bar in 2005 and specialises in public, planning, environmental, EU and information rights law. She has appeared at all levels up to the Supreme Court and has extensive experience of judicial review proceedings, statutory appeals and planning inquiries. Sasha appears regularly in the Administrative Court and the Planning Court; she had conduct of well over 100 oral permission hearings in 2015-2016. She is recommended as a leading junior by the Legal 500 2016 for Administrative & Public law, which states that “she has an excellent manner with clients that gives them confidence”.
Sasha has a particular interest in environmental-related matters in public and planning law, and spent time on a Pegasus scholarship in Australia and New Zealand examining their system of environmental and planning courts. Sasha has also been a Trustee and Director of Forum for the Future and has been a Trustee and Director of the United Kingdom Environmental Law Association as a member of the Governing Council.
In September 2020, Sasha was appointed to the Attorney-General’s “A” Panel of Junior Counsel. She is also one of a small number of barristers appointed to the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s Panel Counsel in 2019.
- Attorney-General’s “A” Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown
- Equality and Human Rights Commission Panel Counsel
- Implementation Committee, “Entry to the Bar”, Bar Council. Member (2008 – 2011)
- Judicial Assistant to the Law Lords (2007). Sasha was a Judicial Assistant to Baroness Hale of Richmond and Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury
- Pegasus Scholarship , Land and Environment Court of New South Wales, Australia (2010)
- Balliol College, Oxford (History BA 2000 (First Class) (Scholar)
- Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Kennedy Scholar. Graduate level Fellowship. (2002)
- Forum for the Future/Middlesex University. MProf in Sustainable Development (2001)
- Common Professional Examination (Diploma in Law) 2004 (Distinction)
- Bar Vocational Course (2005) (Outstanding)
- Other Legal Scholarships: European Environmental Agency scholarship (2007), Lord Mansfield (2005, Lincoln’s Inn), Lord Bowden (2004, Lincoln’s Inn)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 2 (Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 3
Sasha Blackmore –Landmark Chambers ‘Sasha is incredibly personable. She takes the time to discuss matters with instructing solicitors. She enjoys technically difficult cases and works well directly with clients.’(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 3