Heather Sargent > Chambers of David Holland KC and Reuben Taylor KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Landmark Chambers Offices
180 FLEET STREET
- Go to...
Heather practises primarily in planning and compulsory purchase, environmental and EU law. She is ranked in both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500. She is also listed as one of the top five planning juniors in the Planning Law Survey 2020 and as one of the top three juniors under 35.
Heather is a member of the Attorney General’s B Panel of Counsel and of the Welsh Government’s B Panel of Junior Counsel. She is an Assistant Editor of the Encyclopedia of Planning Law and Practice, for which she focuses on heritage matters.
Heather is the creator of “Planning Law Tea Break”, a series of short videos offering insight on planning, environmental and compulsory purchase law: www.planninglawteabreak.co.uk
Fluent French, basic Welsh.
- 2010 – 2011: Bar Professional Training Course, Kaplan Law School, London
- 2009 – 2010: Master of Philosophy in Law, University of Oxford
- 2008 – 2009: Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Oxford (Distinction)
- 2004 – 2008: BA in Jurisprudence – Law with Law Studies in Europe (French), University of Oxford.
Scholarships and Prizes
- 2012: Sunley Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2011: Sir Peter Bristow Scholarship, Middle Temple (to spend time working in the EU institutions)
- 2010: Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2009: Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2009 – 2010: Peter Birks Memorial Scholarship, Faculty of Law, University of Oxford
- 2009: Book Prize, Hertford College, University of Oxford (for performance on the BCL)
- 2006: Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford (for performance as an undergraduate).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 3
Heather Sargent –Landmark Chambers ‘Heather is a persuasive and intelligent advocate. She has an intelligent, pragmatic approach to issues, and works well in large multi-disciplinary teams. She has the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of information and offer insightful commentary, and has strong credibility with client team. Clients feel they are in very safe hands.’(Leading Juniors)Ranked: Tier 2