Antonietta Grasso > Chambers of David Berkley QC > Winchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of David Berkley QC Offices
4 ST PETER STREET
- Go to...
Property and estates.
Antonietta is an extremely driven barrister and has a particular versatile ability to deal with difficult, demanding and / or vulnerable clients, or cases that are sensitive in nature. Antonietta has been recognised as Leading Junior, in the field of Property Law, for four consecutive years, describing her as a feisty, excellent and stalwart advocate, and always prepared.
Antonietta specialises in all property related matters, ranging from housing, boundary disputes, adverse possession, easements and restrictive covenants, landlord and tenant (both commercial and residential) and more. Antonietta has successfully seen her cases through to judicial review hearings in the Administrative Court and in the Court of Appeal. She also appears in First-tier Tribunal – Property Chamber.
Antonietta also accepts work on a direct access basis.
Specialising in all property related matters, Antonietta is recognised by the legal directories year on year as Leading Junior in the field of Property Law, describing her as a feisty, excellent and stalwart advocate.
Commercial Landlord and Tenant
Antonietta has a wealth of experience acting for large retailers, developers, pension trusts and public authorities, as well as commercial tenants,
Antonietta’s experience covers matters including; lease renewals (incl.1954 act matters), forfeiture, disrepair, dilapidations, and service charge disputes.
Understanding the commercial pressures both landlords and tenants are under, Antonietta works with her clients to resolve issues and disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Residential Landlord and Tenant
Acting for both landlords and tenants, Antonietta advises in all aspects of this sphere from disrepair, breach of covenant, unlawful eviction, trespass and quiet enjoyment to anti-social behaviour nuisance, and harassment including housing related issues, such as homelessness. Antonietta has successfully seen her cases through to judicial review hearings in the Administrative Court and in the Court of Appeal.
Antonietta’s expertise covers all areas of Land Law, acting both land owners and developers. Her practice covers areas including; unregistered land adverse possession, ( boundary issues, right to light, easements and restrictive covenants, trespass and nuisance Antonietta also offers experience in Party Wall act disputes, and property damage matters.
Antonietta works with local authorities and stakeholders in a wide range of their property related issues from possession claims and homelessness appeals, injunctions (formerly known as ASBI and ASBOs), closure orders and committal proceedings. Antonietta also advises on stakeholders and authorities on regulatory and policy issues.
- Successfully sought permission from the Court of Appeal in a matter which concerned anti-social behaviour from a tenant’s autistic son, whom had been rehoused elsewhere
- Successfully applied to the Administrative Court against a section 128 possession notice against an introductory tenant for allegations of anti-social behaviour of trespassers in his home whilst he was serving a prison sentence
- Defending a tenant against a possession claim on the ground of rent arrears accrued after they were decanted following severe floods at her property
- Successfully applied for a costs order in the First-tier Tribunal
- Defending a costs application in the First-tier Tribunal, pursuant to an appeal being withdrawn
- Acting in a tree-root damage claim involving Monterey Pine trees, where the trees were interfering with a neighbouring fence and tarmacadam drive
- Acting for a local authority in committal proceedings for breach of an injunction order, pursuant to the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Housing Law Practitioners’ Association (HLPA)
- Legal Action Group (LAG)
- Middle Temple (2004)
- Forensic Science & Law, LL.B