Victoria Jones > Chambers of David Berkley QC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
3 PAPER BUILDINGS, TEMPLE
- Go to...
Victoria is an Intellectual Property specialist. She began her career as a tenant at Hogarth Chambers and then in 2007 moved in-house to work at Wiggin LLP. She joined 3PB in 2009.
Victoria has a strong reputation in trade mark and passing off matters and is regularly involved in notable cases before the UKIPO, IPEC and Chancery Division of the High Court. Her practice also includes design right, copyright and breach of confidence.
Victoria is an Intellectual Property specialist. Her practice covers all aspects of trade marks, passing off, designs, copyright and breach of confidence. She has extensive experience in the Chancery Division, IPEC, UKIPO and EUIPO including applications for interim relief.
Victoria is particularly well-known for her expertise in trade mark and passing off matters. She has acted for many well-known brands including Jaguar Land Rover, Victoria’s Secret, Les Boys Les Girls, The Wave, British Gymnastics and The Royal Mint. She also represents many small and medium size enterprises and regularly appears before the IPEC and UKIPO.
In addition to her general practice, Victoria regularly gives seminars and webinars on specialist topics. As well as an annual 3PB Intellectual Property Seminar, she provides lectures and webinars to individual law firms, to CITMA and is a speaker at White Paper conferences.
- British Amateur Gymnastics Association v UK Gymnastics Ltd & Ors  EWHC 1678 (IPEC). Following a 2 day hearing in March, HHJ Melissa Clarke sitting as an Enterprise Judge in the IPEC, handed down a 66 page judgment finding in British Gymnastics’ favour on every count of registered trade mark infringement and passing off.
- Zenith Logistics Services (UK) Ltd and others v Coury  EWHC 774 (QB)
Victoria Jones appeared before the QBD in a successful appeal against a Master’s decision refusing to approve a Tomlin Order with a schedule containing confidential terms on the basis that it was contrary to the principles of open justice.
- Gabriel Alvardo v Karl Johnson – RESLOSOUND (O/619/17): UKIPO O/619/17, 19 June 2018 – successful appeal to the Appointed Person against decision of Hearing Officer under rule 38(6) TMR 2008 to refuse late admission of TM8 due to registrant suffering depression
- ‘The Colour Orange, Pantone 1595C’ Trade Mark Application: UKIPO O/433/18, 17 July 2018 – Opposition proceedings relating to acquired distinctiveness
- ‘Loch’ and ‘Cloch’ Trade Mark Applications: UKIPO O/431/18, 16 July 2018 – Consolidated opposition proceedings
- Country Cars of Bristol Ltd v (1) County Cars (SW) Ltd (2) Carl Wayne Sparey (t/a County Cars) (2018) LTL 22/3/2018 Extempore
- Student Union Lettings Ltd v Essex Student Lets Ltd  EWHC 419 (IPEC)
- Coreix Ltd v Coretx Holdings Plc & 8 ors  EWHC 1695 (IPEC)
- Royal Mint Ltd v Commonwealth Mint & Philatelic Bureau Ltd  EWHC 417 (Ch)
- George East Housewares Ltd v Fackelmann GMBH & Co KG and another  EWHC 2476 (IPEC)
- ‘SOLISPOST’ Trade Mark: BL O/234/26, 12 May 2016 – Invalidity proceedings based upon prior rights and bad faith
- (1) OOO Abbott (2) Godfrey Victor Chasmer v (1) Econowall UK Ltd (2) Project Consulting & Construction Ltd (3) Smith Brewer Ltd (4) Retail Display Connections Ltd  EWHC 660 (IPEC)
- Jonathan Malcolm-Green v And So To Bed Ltd  EWHC 4016 (IPEC)
- Earthworks Environment Ltd v Beale (QBD) LTL 1/3/2013
- National Guild of Removers and Storers Ltd v Alliance Removals and Storers Ltd and Barrett (September 2011- Patents County Court)
- Redwood Tree Services Ltd v Warren Aspey t/a Redwood Tree Surgeons  EWPCC 014
- Freshtime UK Ltd v Wayne  EWHC 3639 (Ch)
- PPL v Gough  All ER (D) 255 (Oct)
- Coty Prestige Lancaster Group GmbH and Anor v Beauty Collection (London) Ltd  EWHC 3087 (Ch);  All ER (D) 388
Victoria shall be speaking at the 2021 White Paper Trade Mark Law Conference – details shall be published shortly.
Called 2003; Lincoln’s Inn. Before joining 3PB in 2009, Victoria was a tenant at Hogarth Chambers and also worked at media law firm Wiggin LLP.
- Chancery Bar Association
- IP Bar Association
- LLB (Hons) (Law with French)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Commercial IP