Elizabeth Hepworth > Chambers of David Berkley QC > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
3PB BOURNEMOUTH, 30 CHRISTCHURCH ROAD
- Go to...
Elizabeth Hepworth was called to the Bar in 2004 and is a barrister within 3PB’s dynamic and hard working family team.
Elizabeth had 13 years of experience as a family law solicitor advocate before coming to the Bar. She was a Children Panel solicitor in the south of England, where she gained considerable experience in the Public Law field. Her experience in this area exceeds 24 years in practice.
In her field of practice, Elizabeth is an empathetic lawyer who understands the impact of litigation upon clients. She is particularly adept at dealing with clients who have disabilities and in particular, learning disabilities.
She represents parents, children and Local Authorities in court proceedings, she has a particularly thriving practice in relation to the latter and has represented the interests of numerous authorities in the South and West of England.
Elizabeth can receive instructions on a direct access basis
Holding a particular interest in those whose lives render them vulnerable, Elizabeth has developed an interest in Court of Protection work and has delivered training on the subject. She also offers training to social workers in relation to court presentation and legal updates.
Elizabeth is a family law specialist and has dealt with the cases involving the following facts/issues:
- Fact finding and care proceedings involving death of two infants as a result of alleged suffocation by a parent
- Care proceedings involving parents with profound learning difficulty both from the point of view of parents and local authorities.
- Parents and children with sensory impairment.
- Cases involving high levels of neglect and addiction
- Fact finding and care proceedings involving the infliction of deliberate burns on children and restraint with gaffer tape
- Skull and skeletal fractures to infants
- Factitious Illness
- Cases involving sexual abuse of children of an extreme nature/child exploitation
- Cases involving profound mental illness/disorder and also physical illness
- Special Guardianship applications
- Child Arrangements applications particularly those involving the need for a 16.4 Guardian and intractable child arrangements disputes between parents
- LGBT parenting
- Social Minority / ethnicity / religious issues
- Blood transfusion cases
- Removals from Jurisdiction
Elizabeth has a tenacious but pragmatic approach. She is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ not only for the lay client, but also those who instruct her.
In her spare time Elizabeth has worked as a mentor for adults with severe learning difficulties on a voluntary basis.
Called 2004; Middle Temple. Accredited mediation advocate.
- Accredited Family Mediator
- Former Children Panel Solicitor
- Member of FLBA
- Western Circuit
LL.B Hons (Southampton University)