Joan Yu > Kerman & Co > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kerman & Co Offices
- Go to...
Partner in Capital Markets and M&A. Joan’s practice includes a diverse range of corporate areas such as company flotations and secondary issues on both AIM and NEX, advice on the Takeover Code, reverse takeovers, cross-border scheme of arrangements on AIM, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate advice. Joan has particular experience in advising UK and international companies in the natural resources sector.
Trained Kerman & Co; qualified 2002; partner 2007, consultant 2017.
Cantonese, conversational Mandarin.
Gumley House; University of London (BSc (Hons), Mathematics with Business Studies).
The natural resources team at London commercial and corporate firm Kerman & Co advises a mix of mining clients on public and private M&A, debt and equity financing, disputes and commercial contracts. The group, led by Peter Kohl, is especially strong with regards to transactions for companies quoted on the Main Market and AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Una Deretic and Joan Yu are also key names.
Kerman & Co acts for companies involved in transactions in a large number of jurisdictions across the world, particularly in Africa and Asia. Peter Kohl‘s group has a strong reputation in the oil and gas sector, particularly in emerging markets, where it represents both private and public sector clients. Una Deretic, Joan Yu and experienced litigator John Evans are also key names to note.
- Oil and gas - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Mining and minerals - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Human resources > Immigration