Nikesh Patel > AA Thornton > London, England > Lawyer Profile
AA Thornton Offices
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Patents: Electrical, electronics, telecoms and IT
Nikesh is a partner and UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in
the Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecoms & IT patents
department and has been practising in the field of intellectual
property law for over 15 years.
He directly advises UK and overseas clients on patent matters
including identification of patentable subject matter. Nikesh has
drafted and prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of
technologies, including computer implemented inventions, in which
he has considerable experience in advising on the threshold of
patentability in the UK and Europe. He also provides strategic advice
for SMEs and large multinationals and manages worldwide patent
portfolios for his clients.
Nikesh is a member of the firm’s systems group, who is responsible for IT hardware and software, including the specialist IP software systems that support the smooth and efficient running of the firm.
- Nikesh joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 2001
- He became a Senior Associate in June 2015
- Nikesh was promoted to Partner in September 2018
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Member of the The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- BS Hons Computer Systems & Electronics, Kings College London