Dr Marianne Privett > AA Thornton > London, England > Lawyer Profile
AA Thornton Offices
- Go to...
Dr Marianne Privett
Patents: Chemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
Marianne began her patent career in 2003 at Johnson Matthey. Whilst at Johnson Matthey, Marianne helped draft and prosecute patent applications relating to platinum-based anti-cancer
pharmaceutical products, opiate and opioid pharmaceutical products, pharmaceutical compositions and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, and helped to manage global patent portfolios in a range of technical fields.
She moved into private practice in 2007 and has subsequently gained further experience in life sciences and biotechnology.
Marianne is a partner in our Chemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals department. She also sits on the firm’s systems group, who is responsible for IT hardware and software, including the specialist IP software systems that support the smooth and efficient running of the firm.
- Marianne began her patent career in 2003 at Johnson Matthey, a large speciality chemicals company
- She began her career in private practice in 2007
- She joined A.A. Thornton & Co. in 2010
- She joined the EQE Examination Committee for Paper C in 2014
- She was promoted to Senior Associate in July 2017
- Marianne was promoted to Partner in September 2018
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- MChem and PhD Materials Chemistry, University of Southampton