Charles Robson > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Projects and procurement.
Charles is a partner specialising in infrastructure and project finance. He advises project sponsors, lenders and public sector authorities on project structuring, risk allocation and bankability aspects of projects across a broad range of sectors, including energy and defence. In addition to primary market work, Charles also advises on the acquisition and disposal of interests in project assets and on refinancings.
Solicitor, Lovells 1989; partner, Lovells 1997; partner, Bond Pearce 2008; partner, Bond Dickinson on merger 2013; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination in 2017.
Public bodies seek out Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP for its experience in regulatory work, litigation and procurement. The local authority, leisure, as well as the energy sector are further strengths of the Bristol-based team, led by Newcastle partner Iain Greenshields. Infrastructure projects are handled by Jonathan Bower and Charles Robson, while Victoria Redman is well versed in advising on planning and environment matters. Compulsory purchase orders (CPOs), highways, and town and country planning form part of Richard Guyatt‘s portfolio.
Praised for its ‘unique insight into the forces at play in the market’, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP‘s South West energy and utilities practice, located in Bristol and Southampton, advises clients on a broad range of matters, from hydrogen and decarbonisation to oil and gas, and supply arrangements. It is also involved in the full spectrum of renewable technologies, where the team advises a number of domestic and international players in the market. Christopher Towner presides over the department and focuses on the commercial aspects of energy projects. Sebastian Briggs, who splits his time between Southampton and London, specialises in matters pertaining to energy and natural resources. The real estate aspects of projects are handled by Simon Hughes, while Charles Robson covers the development and financing of infrastructure projects.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP‘s local government team is part of a wider national public sector offering that is particularly well known for its work in procurement, real estate, planning, regulatory work and complex litigation. The team also takes on a significant amount of work around energy and waste, with a strong presence in the heat networks sector, led by Charles Robson from Bristol. In Newcastle, Iain Greenshields leads the firm’s public sector group, with a diverse practice that encompasses waste projects, property development and leisure contracts. Meanwhile, London partner Martin Stacey leads the real estate practice and Jonathan Bower heads up planning and infrastructure from Bristol.
- Local government - South West > Public sector
- Energy, project finance and PFI - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence