James Rees > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
James is a partner and head of the firm’s property litigation team. He specialises in dispute resolution involving contentious commercial property matters, advising a broad range of clients (both landlords and tenants) in all aspects of contentious commercial property. Particular areas of expertise include dilapidations; service charges; restrictive covenants and easements; rent reviews; contractual and development disputes; nuisance claims; complex contested lease renewals; insolvency related disputes; contested rating appeals and boundary disputes. He has published articles and lectures to clients and property professionals on a wide variety of property litigation topics.
Solicitor, Denton Hall Burgin & Warrens 1991; associate, Eversheds1997; associate, Bond Pearce 2001; partner, Bond Pearce 2004; partner, Bond Dickinson on merger 2013; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination in 2017.
Property Litigation Association, BCSC.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP impresses with its ‘wealth of talent from partner-level down and a constant stream of top drawer work.‘ The team is sought after by public and private sector clients from the energy, retail and telecoms fields. Its offering covers the full gamut of commercial, residential and agricultural matters. James Rees leads the Bristol-group and is a got-to counsel for both landlords and tenants. Sasha Hinton is well versed in property management and general commercial property disputes. Managing associate Naomi Cunningham is experienced in contentious telecoms and service charge matters.
- Leading individuals - South West > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - South West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant