Mark Woodward > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Senior Counsel Mark has extensive experience of advising high net worth individuals, banks and trust companies on inheritance and capital gains tax planning. He acts principally for families advising on protecting assets and ensuring that they pass to the next generation tax efficiently through wills and trusts. Mark acts as trustee for many family trusts. He also advises individuals on tax efficient giving to charities and acts for charities on a wide range of issues, including governance and charity Commission regulation.
Trained at Freshfields, qualified 1985; solicitor, Freshfields 1985; solicitor, Charity Commission 1987; associate, Beachcroft 1988; partner, Osborne Clark 1999; partner and head of private client, Osborne Clarke 2012; partner, Bond Dickinson 2014; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination 2017.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters, whether arising domestically or internationally. The teams’ expertise lies within landed estates, onshore and offshore trusts, philanthropy and estate administration. Mark Woodward heads the practice. He has vast experience handling matters involving trusts and trustees’ powers and duties. Christopher Kerr-Smiley‘s specialisms include trust restructuring and trust taxation. James Radcliffe is well regarded for his estate planning advice to UK domiciled and non-UK domiciled individuals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence