Alastair Mitton > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Alastair is a partner specialising in commercial IT and technology related matters and leads the firm’s Fintech group. He has extensive experience in advising on large scale technology implementations, licensing, the use of cloud based solutions, outsourcing and development projects frequently in the financial services, insurance and telecoms sectors. Alastair also advises clients on data protection issues most commonly relating to the use and transfer of customer data (particularly in the context of the type of project referred to above) and has experience in the exploitation of intellectual property rights, particularly relating to software development, the use of open source software and websites. This also involves the support of corporate transactions in these areas, together with advising on linked transitional services arrangements.
Alastair wrote and maintains the Thomson Reuters ‘PLC’ practice note on ‘Outsourcing in the Insurance Sector’ and publishes other similar work for Lexis PSL. He is also regularly involved in organising and speaking at Fintech related events in the UK and US.
Qualified with Travers Smith 2006; associate, Travers Smith 2006; associate, Bond Pearce 2010; senior associate, Bond Pearce 2011; senior associate, Bond Dickinson on merger 2013; partner, Bond Dickinson 2015; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination 2017.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP acts for a broad range of clients including challenger banks, financial institutions, insurers and investment companies, in tech procurement, outsourcing and other contractual agreements, IP protection, and regulatory compliance and authorisations covering PSD2 and the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive. The group actively supports fast-growth companies through its WBD Accelerate Programme, which gives developers the opportunity to present innovative solutions to drive forward progress in the sector. Practice head Alastair Mitton specialises in large scale technology implementations, outsourcing and development projects in the financial services and insurance industries. Ben Butler handles transactional work, including M&A, joint ventures, group reorganisations and fundraising.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP‘s team has key capabilities in the financial services, retail and public services sectors; it is on a number of technology panels for clients in these areas. Its recent work included a number of high-profile procurement matters, as well as the negotiation of a high volume of telecoms licenses and authorisations. Alastair Mitton heads up the practice from the Bristol office, and is particularly renowned for large-scale technology implementation and outsourcing projects.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: The West Country
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: The West Country
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition