Andrij Jurkiw > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Competition/Commercial/Corporate and commercial
Andrij is a partner and head of the UK Competition Team. As well as obtaining merger clearances, defending clients under investigation for alleged competition law breaches and counselling clients on a wide variety of competition law issues, he deals with competition damages claims, competition disqualification orders, consumer protection enforcement cases, NSIA filings, state aid/subsidy control, procurement challenges and commercial litigation which involves competition defences or heads of claim.
Cases include Firstgroup/ScotRail Phase II merger clearance, Toys and Games price fixing investigation, Servier – Perindopril pay for delay investigation, Argos & Ors v Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited & Ors competition damages claim, Eurotunnel v Secretary of State for Transport procurement claim, Tempus Energy & Ors v Secretary of State for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy State Aid JR, Rest & Play Footwear Ltd v George Rye & Sons Ltd standalone damages claim.
Trained Slater Heelis; qualified 1989; solicitor, Hammond Suddards 1989; solicitor, Alexander Tatham 1992; solicitor, Simpson Curtis 1994; partner and joint head of Competition Team, Pinsent Curtis April 1999; partner, Burges Salmon 2003; partner, DLA Piper UK November 2008; partner and head of Competition Team, Mishcon de Reya January 2013; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) April 2018.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP‘s varied competition law practice offers ‘City experience in the South West’, providing advice on state aid and merger control issues as well as representing clients in dealings with the CMA. Competition litigation is another area of focus for the team, which represents both defendants and claimants before the competition appeal tribunal in standalone and follow-on claims. Andrij Jurkiw leads the team and offers clients considerable experience across contentious and non-contentious competition law.
- EU and competition - South West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - South West > Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence