Richard Guyatt > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Real estate: planning and infrastructure.
Richard is a partner in the planning and infrastructure team. His expertise includes town and country planning, judicial reviews and statutory challenges, compulsory purchase, highways, and the consenting of major infrastructure projects. Richard has advised on successful development consent order (DCO) applications for rail, biomass and offshore wind projects and is currently advising a consortium of local authorities on their DCO scheme for restoring passenger services to a local railway and several major road schemes.
Qualified 1996. Formerly with Ashurst Morris Crisp and CMS Cameron McKenna. Joined Bond Pearce in 2003; partner, Bond Pearce 2005; partner, Bond Dickinson 2013 on merger; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination 2017.
Compulsory Purchase Association (former Chair); National Infrastructure Planning Association.
Public bodies seek out Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP for its experience in regulatory work, litigation and procurement. The local authority, leisure, as well as the energy sector are further strengths of the Bristol-based team, led by Newcastle partner Iain Greenshields. Infrastructure projects are handled by Jonathan Bower and Charles Robson, while Victoria Redman is well versed in advising on planning and environment matters. Compulsory purchase orders (CPOs), highways, and town and country planning form part of Richard Guyatt‘s portfolio.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence