Tom Caplen > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Tom is a Partner in the Banking team advising on a broad range of finance transactions, principally acting for institutional lenders and corporate borrowers.
Tom’s specialism includes acting for lenders and borrower in real estate finance transactions, including real estate investment and development financings. He also acts for lenders and developers on renewables finance projects, including onshore wind farms and waste to energy projects.
In addition, Tom advises on security and intercreditor issues and advisers private investors (including private equity funds) on security and funding arrangements.
Tom has completed two secondments with HSBC UK Bank plc, including as Acting Senior Legal Counsel for Real Estate Finance in 2020/2021.
Tom’s clients include Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc, HSBC UK Bank plc, Ashfield Land and the Eagle One group.
Qualified Solicitor, Bond Pearce LLP 2008; Associate, Bond Pearce LLP 2011; Managing Associate, Bond Dickinson LLP 2015; Secondment, HSBC UK Bank plc Reals Estate Finance Transaction Execution 2019; Secondment, Acting Senior Legal Counsel, Real Estate Finance, HSBC UK Bank plc 2020/21; Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP 2020.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Real estate finance, corporate finance, structured finance, as well as third sector finance constitute the main areas of focus for Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP’s banking and financial services practice group. The firm is mostly involved on the lender side of transactions, although it also acts for borrowers, and frequently handles cross-border matters. Philip Withey leads the Bristol team and advises on security and collateral issues, risk allocation, and structuring, amongst others. Tom Caplen is well versed in real estate finance, often in regard to renewable projects such as onshore wind and waste-to-energy projects. Julian Kinsey retired in April 2021.
- Banking and finance - South West > Finance
- Next Generation Partners - South West > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence