James Radcliffe > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
3 TEMPLE QUAY
TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
James is a partner in the private capital team advising individuals and their families on tax, succession and estate planning issues.
Much of his work is focused on UK resident and domiciled families interested in the long term preservation of inter-generational wealth. He helps with the mitigation of capital taxes through the use of suitable lifetime gifting strategies and the creation of Trusts and other asset structures. James also advises on the preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
James has a strong international practice advising non-UK domiciled individuals on UK tax issues impacting them such as pre-UK arrival planning, the remittance basis of taxation, the ownership of UK real estate and the use of Excluded Property Trusts. He regularly advises the trustees of offshore trusts on the UK tax implications of having beneficiaries based in the UK.
James has a specialist practice in US/UK estate planning. Typically, clients will be US citizens living in the UK (but they can also be US citizens living in the US with other connections to the UK such as property ownership or children in the UK). He also works with US qualified professionals to provide cross-border transatlantic estate plans mitigating taxes in both jurisdictions.
Qualified 2007; solicitor Withers LLP 2007; senior associate Michelmores LLP 2013, partner Michelmores LLP 2017; partner Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP 2020.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters, whether arising domestically or internationally. The teams’ expertise lies within landed estates, onshore and offshore trusts, philanthropy and estate administration. Mark Woodward heads the practice. He has vast experience handling matters involving trusts and trustees’ powers and duties. Christopher Kerr-Smiley‘s specialisms include trust restructuring and trust taxation. James Radcliffe is well regarded for his estate planning advice to UK domiciled and non-UK domiciled individuals.
- Next Generation Partners - South West > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - South West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Professional negligence