Tim Barr > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
4 MORE LONDON RIVERSIDE
- Go to...
Tim is a partner in the London office specialising in the defence of professional negligence claims against a broad range of professionals including solicitors, accountants, insurance brokers, insolvency practitioners, surveyors and construction professionals. He also advises on high value, complex insurance coverage disputes.
Tim has completed two long-term secondments at two leading professional indemnity insurers in the London market. These opportunities provided invaluable experience in dealing with PI claims and handling the various coverage disputes that arise from such claims. Tim has also built up strong relationships with PI brokers during his time at these secondments.
Qualified in 2005; solicitor, Robin Simon/Triton 2005; partner, Robin Simon/Triton 2012; partner, DWF 2017; partner Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP October 2018.
After recent growth and several high-profile hires, the team at Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP is now ‘comprised of some well-known and impressive individuals from across the market‘. The team recently added Simon Beckwith and Mark Ratcliff from Plexus Law, and Tim Barr from DWF. The team regularly defends claims against solicitors, valuers, construction and property professionals, auditors, accountants, tax advisors, insurance brokers, financial advisers, directors and officers, and financial institutions. The arrival of Beckwith also brings substantial pensions-related expertise to the department. Sushma MacGeoch, who heads the insurance disputes practice, ‘manages litigation with skill and efficiency, and strikes a perfect balance between keeping a high-level strategic view and knowing the detail‘.
DWF acts for a raft of the UK’s largest general professional indemnity insurers and syndicates and handles a raft of construction, engineering, legal, financial and insurance sector claims. The firm offers an integrated service to professional indemnity insurers which includes claims handling (DWF Claims), legal defence (DWF) and loss adjusting (DWF Adjusting). It represented a professional indemnity insurer on a £3.4m coverage dispute relating to SRA minimum terms involving the first consideration of dishonesty. Peter Sewell and Eileen Pathiraja recently joined Beale & Co; Peter Campion joined Caytons Law; Tim Barr joined Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP; Andrew Davis has retired; and Simon Gildener also departed the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Human resources > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Transport > Rail
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Human resources > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Human resources > Immigration