Claire Brook > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
1 WHITEHALL RIVERSIDE
- Go to...
Planning and infrastructure.
Claire is a partner and national head of the real estate group at Womble Bond Dickinson. She specialises in planning and environmental law, with an MA in environmental law. She has particular expertise in the energy, waste and chemical sectors. Experience includes advising on several nationally significant infrastructure projects (NSIPs) on hazardous waste, energy from waste and CCGT developments. Claire also provides strategic planning advice to owners, developers, promoters and housebuilders on major development schemes, including dealing with examinations in public, public inquiries and judicial review proceedings.
Qualified 1995, trained Walker Morris Solicitors. Partner Walker Morris 2003. Joined Dickinson Dees in 2009; partner Dickinson Dees 2011; partner Bond Dickinson 2013 on merger; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination 2017; head of real estate, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP 2019.
National Infrastructure Planning Association.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP counts energy, waste and transport infrastructure projects in its workload, in addition to regeneration schemes and compulsory purchase matters, while also advising national housebuilders, landowners and local authorities on delivering housing schemes. Claire Brook heads the Leeds-based practice and is noted for her experience in acting for energy and waste developers in securing planning permission, environmental permits and DCOs for large-scale infrastructure projects. Managing associates James Garbett, who specialises in town and country planning mandates, and Helen Robinson are key contacts in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit