Vicky McCombe > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
1 WHITEHALL RIVERSIDE
- Go to...
Construction and engineering
Vicky is a Partner in the Construction and Engineering Team experienced in transactional construction work and in particular specialises in mechanical and process plant projects in the renewables, manufacturing and retain sectors. She acts for developers, funders, local authorities, central government, technology providers, retailers, manufacturers, housebuilders and education providers on a variety of everyday and complex capital projects.
She provides clients with strategic advice on contracting structure and works extensively with bespoke forms of construction and EPC contracts along with industry standard forms such as JCT, NEC, IChemE, FIDIC and MF1. Vicky also advises on ancillary construction documentation such as appointments, collateral warranties, third party rights and performance security and has experience advising on projects where contractors are based in other jurisdictions.
Qualified 2006; Solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP 2006; Solicitor, Dickinson Dees 2009; Associate, Dickinson Dees 2012; Associate, Bond Dickinson upon merger with Bond Pearce 2013; Managing Associate, Bond Dickinson 2015; Managing Associate, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP upon combination with Womble Carlyle 2017; Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP 2020.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP‘s client portfolio includes central government departments, agencies and public bodies, as well as third sector and private sector clients. The practice covers a range of matters, from procurement, real estate, planning and project mandates, to regulatory work and litigation; the team also has specific knowledge of energy matters. In Leeds, the key contact is Andrew Hirst, who is well versed in leisure projects and the waste sector, while Vicky McCombe covers transactional construction work. Newcastle-based Iain Greenshields leads the team.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP’s construction and engineering team advises its roster of regional and national clients across the retail, renewable energy and manufacturing sectors on EPC contracting matters. Practice leader Vicky McCombe advises developers, local authorities, manufacturers and healthcare operators on the construction aspects of development projects, as well as on drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Local government - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Construction - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit