John McKinlay > DLA Piper > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
- Go to...
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/m/mckinlay-john/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Helmed by leading IP and IT partner John McKinlay, DLA Piper is routinely engaged by a litany of blue-chip domestic and international clients seeking assistance in big-ticket commercial matters, ranging from procurements to outsourcing agreements. McKinlay is a key port of call for a number of world-leading brands and financial institutions, who turn to him for his expertise in complex contractual work. Senior associate Catriona Melton focuses on data protection and regulatory compliance, and possesses in-house experience in the offshore energy and financial services sectors, serving as key relationship manager to one of the UK’s major commercial banks. Senior associate Linzi Penman is noted for her capabilities in outsourcing and high-value projects, working with entities across the financial services, retail, and entertainment sectors.
DLA Piper regularly assists a diverse array of clients with significant commercial and advisory matters, ranging from sponsorship and online marketing issues to supply services agreements. John McKinlay is a key advisor to some of Europe’s largest leisure businesses and venue operators, handling the full gamut of media rights, content licensing, and associated IP issues. Alistair Drummond, chair of the Scottish litigation and regulatory practice, represents clients in claims and arbitrations, most recently in relation to Covid-induced lease terminations. Senior associate Catriona Melton is recommended for her capabilities in entertainment industry matters. All named lawyers are based in Edinburgh.
Helmed by the widely regarded John McKinlay, DLA Piper works with a multitude of well-known domestic and multinational companies on a sweep of commercial IP, branding and contract issues. Senior associate Catriona Melton is a specialist in tech and commercial contract matters, and offers in-house experience of offshore energy and financial services firms. Senior associate Linzi Penman‘s recent highlights include outsourcing and tech-sector transactions, while Jamie O’Neill primarily handles IP and outsourcing agreements for some of the firm’s major entertainment clients. All named lawyers are based in Edinburgh.
- IT and telecoms - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Intellectual property - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Media and entertainment - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation