Petra Billing > DLA Piper > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1 ST PAUL'S PLACE
- Go to...
Please see https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/people/b/billing-petra/ for further information.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DLA Piper has a reputable national practice which has ‘knowledge of all aspects of minerals law and the minerals industry’ and is led by Sheffield-based Petra Billing. The group handles significant cross-border work and acts for sovereign states, including the Republic of Guinea, and large companies such as Tata Steel UK. Birmingham-based Roger Collier is also a key member of the group, with over two decades of experience in mineral exploration and acquisition matters. In London, Sarah Thomas handles non-contentious construction mandates, including mining projects.
DLA Piper‘s team includes the ‘exceptional‘ Petra Billing, who is experienced in all aspects of commercial real estate litigation, particularly landlord and tenant, lease renewals, dilapidations claims and forfeiture proceedings. Billing co-heads the practice with John Kittle, who specialises in commercial landlord and tenant matters and portfolio management. Directors Peter Gardner and Rob Shaw are also highly regarded.
The transport practice at DLA Piper has a regional focus, acting on high-profile rail, bus and airport infrastructure work for public sector and local authority clients. Robert Smith oversees the practice in Leeds and advises national clients on cross-border tenders, commercial contracts and rail regulatory matters. Co-head Petra Billing is the key name for dispute resolution mandates, specialising in property litigation. The core team also includes Ben Peecock, who advises on procurement issues. The group has a growing aviation practice and has British Airways as a key client.
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Transport - Yorkshire and the Humber
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation