Nigel Howard > DLA Piper > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
DLA Piper Offices
1 ST PAUL'S PLACE
- Go to...
Nigel has led the Sheffield real estate team since 2006. He has spent the majority of his career dealing with property development acting for developers, landowners, public bodies and financial institutions. He has dealt with projects as diverse as town centre redevelopments, edge of centre retail superstores, business parks, leisure schemes and has specific expertise in mineral extraction and airport related development work. Nigel has considerable experience in the negotiation of development agreements, portfolio sales, building and finance agreements, non-contentious landlord and tenant matters, infra structure and planning agreements. Nigel consistently plays a key part in major regional projects acting for high-profile clients and specialising in development work for J F Finnegan, the public sector and in industrial assets acting predominantly for multi-national corporates. In the last 12 months he has led on the real estate aspect of an IPO for a top 10 UK housebuilder, in the taking of new warehousing facilities for Victoria Plum, and in the £450m office led scheme at West Bar for Urbo.
Qualified 1988. Partner 1997.
The Law Society.
Law LLB (Hons).
Running, gym, and family.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
While leveraging the firm’s global network to handle international mandates, DLA Piper UK LLP is also active in the local market, acting for regional property companies and developers on a range of issues. Nigel Howard leads the department and focuses on development work, industrial asset-related matters and the public sector; Stephen Blacksell heads up the firm’s EMEA student accommodation sector group, and Mark Keeling primarily acts for manufacturers and corporate occupiers.
- Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation